Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mugabe's health

I am not one who rejoice on a person's demise because i grew up being told that its kind of taboo in our African tradition, but to hear that Mugabe's health is failing him brings a bit of joy to my heart considering that he has just shown that he is callousness and does not care a hoot to people's human life. I saw a picture of his leg published on the Zimbabwe Times website in June, At first it really looked to me like a cobra snake waiting to strike but after taking a second i realised it was his swollen leg. This was just days after he came back from a trip in China where he had reportedly gone to seek medical attention. For once i closed my eyes and thought, hey man what the hey is this man still wanting to fight for at the expense of his health and let alone his young wife and kids. For God's sake why can't he just take a rest and let the young turks take over. I guess his death will bring a lot of joy to many Zimbabweans but should it be like that really? During the past week he showed his sadist side, ordering his man to arrest MDC secreatry general Tendai Biti as he made his way through immigration at the Harare International Airport upon his arrival from South Africa where he had stayed for a month in a bid to try and evade harrassment at home. At first, i thought to my self that the learned lawyer was foolish to return home under the set conditions since the police commissioner general Augustine Chihuri had already indicated that he was salivating for his arrest. But after an after thought i thought there was no way he could avoid going back home and it was not going to be politically correct for him to remain holed up in Johannesburg when his followers where being butchered in streets and villages of Zi´mbabwe he had to come back and share the pain with the rest. I feel the same as i write thsi article in my temporary refugee country, Germany. How i wish i was home to face the same music as my family, as my friends, as ´my workmates, as my wife, as my yet to be born son. Only if Mugabe's health continue to fail him, maybe we might be free at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home