Thursday, August 16, 2007

I fear for the worst

For the first time i felt very very frightened and angry about what is going on in my country. I had this bad dream about how things become after things digenerated into chaos in the country. What made me very frightened is the fact that as things stand at the moment in the country, everthing points to an explusion and all the ingridients are there. But what frightened me is the fact that as Zimbabweans we can not do anything to save ourselves lest Robert Mugabe will unleash his mighty on us. But what made me very very angry is the fact that while we can not do anything for ourselves this is the time that we needed a shoulder to lean on and the world, Africa and SADC is failing us on this. As i write a SADC talkshop is underway in Zimbabwe and on this very first day nothing points to anywhere near resolving the crsis in Zimbabwe.Back to my dream. There was war in Zimbabwe and this war was started not by Tsvangirai who is always accused of being a violent leader, but by ZANU PF mandarins most of whom had gotten fade up with Mugabe's excesses. But this war claimed the lives of many civilians until the Mbekis of this world finally realised there was a crisis in the country.Many Zimbabweans fled the country in my dream, and finally the unthinkable happened, a coupbecame a reality and Mugabe got away with it fleeing to Namibia where he was given sanctuary by Nujoma and it became apparent that he has a lot of hotels, resorts and houses in that country, becoming apparent where all our money was being wasted. Funny enough we all agreed to pardon the guy, something that we were not prepared to do all along.
I really really fear for the worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home