Monday, June 18, 2007

Mugabe's snooping bill

Most of us in the media world received the news of the Interception and Communications bill in parliament with a lot of trepidation. I thought of my work with international news agencies and how it will be monitored and also the possiblity of these thugs getting into my e-mail and even laughing at some of the e-mails that i always exchange with my girlfriend. But at the end of it all, media freedom will be the biggest casuality if the government succeeds in passing this bill which is likely going to happen. I tell you all journalists will be forced to eat Vava Mugabe pie just like those working at ZBC and Zimpapers. I have friends at the these two institutions and they have told me implicitly just how Vava Mugabe pie tastes, i can confirm that a poorly baked samoosa from Mbare is better that the Vava Mugabe pie which comes in the form of ill-advised bill. May the world please help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home